Durango Historic Train and Lodging Package
Book this package online! Enter your dates below to get started.
Valid for travel from 05/03/2013 through 10/26/2013
- Adult Train Tickets
- Child Train Tickets
- Train / Bus Upgrades - Bus Returns - Bus Departure
- Guided Mesa Verde Tour - Adult
- Guided Mesa Verde Tour - Child
- Visit the Durango Discovery Museum
- Jeep / Hummer Tours
- Zip-Line Adventures
- Whitewater Rafting
- The Durango Melodrama
- Office Workspace
This fantastic getaway package offers value and convenience by combining your choice of lodging, ranging from the Old West town of Durango or the scenic high country, with round trip tickets on the historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Also enjoy other unique Durango activities like Mesa Verde National Park, Rafting, Jeep Tours, Hot Springs and much more.
• Lodging in Durango at your choice of several different lodging properties, ranging from historic downtown to the scenic high country (Please note: train tickets are not included in room rate).
• Round-trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
• Entrance into both the Durango and Silverton railroad museums.
• Add extra nights to your trip (in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, or Cortez).
• Add other activities to your trip: river trip, jeep tour, horseback ride, doggie daycare, and more!
• Train Upgrades (limited availability): Parlor Car ($54more pp), Silver Vista Car ($64 more pp), Cinco Animas Car ($84 more pp), Motor Coach/Train combination ($12 and $17 more pp).
Start with one of Durango's great lodging options, from Victorian historic elegance to budget oriented value and from hotels to cabins, condos and vacation homes, there is something for every family. Options include the Best Western Rio Grande Inn & Suites, Cascade Village Hotel, The Durango Downtown Inn, Iron Horse Inn, the General Palmer Hotel, The Strater Hotel and many more.
The next morning you'll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado. The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles. While in Silverton, visit the Freight Yard Museum at the depot to learn about the history of the Rio Grande Railway as a freight line.
You will return to Durango late afternoon to enjoy some leisure time and a fabulous dinner in town.
Note: Train tickets for children under 5 are free if seated on an adult's lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child's ticket.
Package may not available over the Labor Day Weekend.
See the Durango and Silverton Railroad Experience: